13 April 2008

Basic Concepts in Science: Lists

Evolving Thoughts blog is helping to maintain a list of postings that explain basic concepts in science. It is an ambitious and worthy project, and I congratulate Science Blogs and Evolving Thoughts on the ongoing achievement.

Here is a similar list of posts and applets explaining basic concepts in modern physics.

This list of basics science concepts is geared toward lesson plans for adolescent students and younger.

This list from Cocktail Party Physics explains some basic physics concepts.

If any readers know of similar lists, feel free to post links in comments, and I will add them here.

Update: Sensible Energy suggested HyperPhysics, a great collection of short physics tutorials on basic physics concepts.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger SensibleEnergy said...

Here is one I came across:
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/hframe.html

Sunday, 13 April, 2008  
Blogger John S. Wilkins said...

Thanks, Al. I'll add novel ones to my list when I get a minute.

Sunday, 13 April, 2008  
Blogger al fin said...

Very nice one, S.E. One of my favourites.

Thanks, John. Very nice job.

Sunday, 13 April, 2008  

Post a Comment

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” _George Orwell

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts
``