09 January 2007

The Inner Life of a Cell


A short Google Video search found the movie I'd been looking for: "The Inner Life of a Cell." This is the type of animation I would have enjoyed when I first learned biology. Together with the nano-assembler movie in the previous post, it brings nano-sized mechanisms to a scale and speed that humans can comprehend and appreciate.

But don't lose this link. It will take you to a set of great multimedia presentations on various biotech procedures and concepts. Just click on the Preview screen to the right of the animation screen to get the highly educational popup.

I am learning to appreciate the video sharing services more every day.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger al fin said...

I appreciate your pointing that out, Michael, even though I realize you are half joking. You are right that for you and me this video is old news. But I still wanted to embed it on my site for those visitors for whom it is not old.

Besides, the link to the Harvard multimedia intro training videos for biotech is a good link for people interested in learning more about the bio-lab tools that are revolutionising their lives.

Sometimes it takes a while for a blog to find its place. This blog started as a "quasi-singularity" blog, then for a while it tried to be a science news blog. Now, I look through the news and if I don't see anything interesting to me, I post something that does seem interesting to me.

In real life, I'm something of a curmudgeon and misanthrope. In real life, I hide it well. On the web, not as well.
:-)

Wednesday, 10 January, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a lowly accounting/history graduate, the video is both novel and fascinating to me, and I much appreciate Al posting it. I'm a few cylinders short of the cognitive alacrity required to add much in terms of discussion in the scientific realm, but Al Fin's blog at least lets me keep up to some extent.

Now we need you to narrate. I recognized what was going on in about one-third of that clip. What was that massive zeppelin ball?

Wednesday, 10 January, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, sigh...gorgeous. That's how you make a grad student's day :)

Friday, 19 January, 2007  
Blogger al fin said...

My Dear La Cot,

If ever there were a graduate student whose day I wished to make, it would certainly be you.

Sincerely,

Al Fin

Saturday, 20 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” _George Orwell

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts
``