27 June 2008

"Mad" Energy Schemes

You are looking at me strangely, but what I tell you is true. You think that solar cells and wind turbines are the measure of natural energy. Bah! I tell you that you are much too timid. Look more deeply into the Earth, for example--into the volcano!
Alaskan officials announced the exploration of the state's volcanoes, saying they could be exploited to provide energy for thousands of homes.

Companies are being invited to lease the rights to explore geothermal resources beneath Mount Spurr, a snowcapped 11,070-foot volcano that most recently erupted in 1992 showering much of Anchorage with volcanic ash. _Source
Yes, are you starting to understand? Or look to the madness of the atmosphere, and seize the power of the tornado!
Michaud got the notion of a man-made tornado — what he calls the Atmospheric Vortex Engine (AVE) — while working as an engineer on gas turbines.

The AVE structure is a 200-meter-wide arena with 100-meter-high walls. Warm humid air enters at the sides, directed to flow in a circular fashion. As the air whirls around at speeds up to 200 mph, a vacuum forms in the center, which holds the vortex together as it extends several miles into the sky. _Source
Or, better yet, call down lightning bolts from the sky! You scoff, but I have seen it.
The mobile laser system is capable of creating long plasma channels inside clouds by firing ultra short laser pulses. Measurements before and after the experiment revealed that the laser system was able to increase the electrical activity inside the cloud, in the general direction where the beam was pointed, thus determining local electrical discharges...by increasing the laser pulses by a factor of 10, they would be able to create longer plasma channels, in order to trigger air-to-ground electrical discharges.

Lightning triggering rockets are only 50 percent efficient and require a lot of time and money to operate. By using a laser system, the process could become much faster, cheaper and could be used for a series of applications which cannot be carried out with the current technology. _Source
But perhaps you are not impressed? Perhaps you have looked at these things before and think them beyond the grasp of men. Then you will surely scoff at this--energy from hydrogen to hydrino conversion! A hoax, you say? If a hoax, it is the most elaborate hoax I have seen!
BlackLight Power has invented a novel chemical process of causing the latent energy stored in the hydrogen atom to be released as a new primary energy source. This allows the negatively charged electron that is otherwise in a stable orbit to move closer to the naturally attracting, positively charged nucleus to generate power as heat. BlackLight Power has recently achieved a breakthrough in power generation by the invention of a solid fuel that uses conventional chemical reactions to generate the catalyst and atomic hydrogen at high reactant densities that in turn achieves very high power densities. Plant designs utilize continuous regeneration of the solid fuel mixture using known industrial processes, and the only consumable, the hydrogen fuel, is obtained ultimately from water due to the enormous net energy release relative to combustion. _Source
I dare you to visit the site and study the papers that describe the science and technology involved! We will then see who it is that is insane! (more here and here)

The things I could tell you ... tapping the energy of the stars for example, or creating an artificial black hole. Or a matter-antimatter power generator! What about powering a reactor with nectar distilled from moonbeam residue?

I tell you, since my last lightning experiment, I cannot remember anything from the past, but these energy ideas fly through my mind at the speed of light! Yes, I see you looking at each other and shaking your heads. I do not have time to care for your doubts. I hear a thunderstorm approaching. I must gather my apparatus and climb the tower steps....

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger Snake Oil Baron said...

Volcanoes and geothermal I will buy and the tornado vortex and laser lightning sound like interesting avenues for long-term research. But I still don't understand the whole hydrino deal. If there is a more stable state for the hydrogen atom, why does it not fall into it all the time? Can the hydrinos be returned to hydrogen if you leave them in the sun or run them through a heat source or are we basically consuming hydrogen irreversibly? That might not matter on Earth if we are talking about small amounts but for smaller closed systems like a space station it would be of concern. What are the properties of hydrinos? Maybe you don't have all those answers but the questions certainly confuse me.

Frankly, if the hydrino is real it sounds like it would be at least as revolutionary as a clue to some new physics as it would in terms of an energy source.

Unfortunately, I have noticed that claims of new energy sources mixed with claims of new physics have low correlation with veracity. I hope I am wrong in my skepticism. But even if the hydrino model is wrong, what they are doing may represent an important new observation in the world of physics.

Friday, 27 June, 2008  
Blogger Will Brown said...

Al Fin, I suggest you remember to ground your coughtin foilcough hat when manning the ramparts in future - lest you end up not having one. :)

Baron, I can't claim to understand what's going on in the Joisey Barrens, but from what I have been able to gather from the portion of Dr. Mills' published work (.pdf) I have read, the hydrino is an induced state that a hydrogen atom can be manipulated into. While in that induced state, the hydrino exhibits greater energy density (that's not an accurate description I'm afraid, I just can't think of a better alternative word to convey the concept of "hydrogen atoms in lower energy states" having an "extraordinarily energetic process" more clearly) then would be the case in it's normal default condition. I think. I'm at a serious loss regarding the mathematical "explanations" offered, but that's the impression my reading to date has left me with.

Other than a number of individuals rejecting Mills' work "because it doesn't comport with Quantum Mechanics" (I'm paraphrasing here), I'm unaware of any serious specific objection to a particular tenet of Mills' proposed Unified Theory. Other than that it wasn't written by A. Einstein, of course.

Not to say that I would necessarily be able to tell if such an objection were to be raised, you understand. :)

Should Black Light Power successfully go into the commercial electrical generation business a couple years from now, I think I'm going to go into the egg business. There's going to be a lot of faces in need of a good egg come that happy day.

Saturday, 28 June, 2008  
Blogger al fin said...

Yes, Baron and Will, the hydrino scheme is indeed a conundrum. One wonders about the possibility of an irreversible hydrino "chain reaction" death of the universe and such.

Personally--at the risk of my membership in the Mad Scientist's Society--I am instinctively skeptical of the concept. Yet, 1. the company is getting plenty of financing from people who you would think would know better, 2. the amount of supporting material and experimental apparatus is far more extensive and elaborate than your typical investor hoax, and 3. They are actually following a timetable and making near-term promises that can either make or break the company within a short time span.

So my suggestion is to wait and see. And let me get back to my laser lightning experiment . . .

Saturday, 28 June, 2008  

Post a Comment

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” _George Orwell

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts
``